Sunday 26 December 2010

One for 2011? ‘Dark Jenny’ – Alex Bledsoe (Tor)

My reading is slowing down now, as it gets to the end of the year, so I thought it might be fun to look ahead to next year and check out books that I think could be worth your time. If ‘The Sword Edged Blonde’ and ‘Burn Me Deadly’ are anything to go by then I think ‘Dark Jenny’ is definitely worth picking up. It’s not out until April next year but check out the blurb in the meantime,



Murder, betrayal, and magic--just another day on the job for Eddie LaCrosse.

Freelance sword jockey Eddie LaCrosse is in the wrong place at the wrong time while conducting an undercover investigation on the island kingdom of Grand Bruan. When a poisoned apple kills a member of the queen's personal guard, Eddie becomes the prime suspect in the murder. He must do some fast talking to keep his head attached to his shoulders. While trying to clear his name and find the real killer, Eddie becomes embroiled in a nasty political scandal. Someone is trying to ruin Queen Jennifer and doesn't care who is killed along the way.

The more Eddie digs, the more twisted the lies become, until Eddie finds himself caught between two opposing armies. The fate of the entire kingdom lies in his hands.


I’m a fan of Alex Bledsoe’s work in general but I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Eddie and the way that he always seems to find himself way in over his head. Not too sure about the new cover art though, oh well... I’m not sure that I’ll be able to hold off until April for this one; expect a review sooner than that :o)

4 comments:

Kat Hooper said...

I've got this one, too, Graeme, but I'll probably hold out for the audio version. I LOVE this series on audio.

ediFanoB said...

DEFINITELY one for me in 2011!
I'm a big Eddie LaCrosse fan.

Graeme Flory said...

Kat - I've never heard it in audio, who narrates it?

ed - I'm holding off on the review for now, until a little nearer the time, but I'm excited already :o)

Kat Hooper said...

Stefan Rudnicki narrates. He's one of my favorites. Listen here.