Saturday 25 December 2010

Happy Christmas Everyone!

I hope you all have an amazing day and that Christmas brings you everything you wanted :o) I would tell you not to eat too much but... it’s Christmas! Leave it until a couple of days after Boxing Day before you start worrying about the diet ;o)

Christmas Day is normally all reading books for me but this year it’s more about watching Hope stare in amazement at the lights on the tree and stopping her crawling into all those places where she shouldn’t really be. Books are great but I know what I’d rather be doing today :o)



This is pretty much the reason why you’re not seeing a review for Tolkien’s ‘The Father Christmas Letters’ today, maybe this time next year? We’ll see... What I will say though is that, from what I’ve been able to read, this collection of letters from Father Christmas (written by Tolkien to his children) not only maintains his reputation as a writer but also casts him in a very good light as a father too. It’s the kind of book that inspires you to try something similar.
Oh well, back to wrapping up all the presents that should have been wrapped up days ago...

Happy Christmas!

3 comments:

SQT said...

Merry Christmas Graeme!

Myra C said...

Merry Christmas!

Mieneke van der Salm said...

Merry Christmas Graeme! Enjoy your first Christmas with Hope :)