Monday 25 August 2008

Normal Service Resumes...

Because I'm back! :o) I hope you all had a good week, Cornwall was wet but looked absolutely gorgeous and I learned the hard way about putting a tent up properly... (that's all I'll say on the matter!)

I managed to find time to get geeky while I was there, visiting the Doctor Who exhibition at Land's End. It's well worth a look if you find yourself there with costumes from the series as well as a Dalek, an Ood and K9 (my favourite bit!)

I also managed to get back to the really cool bookshop in Bude where I made some sci-fi purchases as well as being bought an early birthday present from my wife (a rather nice looking first edition of 'The Two Towers')
Here they are in all their glory...



Now I'm back you can expect to see reviews of my holiday reading cropping up over the next few days with Peter V. Brett's 'The Painted Man' and Jennifer Rardin's 'Bitten to Death' proving to be entertaining reading. Keep an eye out for those ;o)

If you're in the UK, have a great Bank Holiday! If not, I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments: