Saturday 6 October 2012

'Unfettered' (Edited by Shawn Speakman), Table of Contents

I've been looking forward to this collection ever since it was announced and the race is now on to find a job so I can actually afford a copy to call my own (it's now available for pre-order). I mean, I need a job to pay for lots of other things as well but... you know :o)
In the meantime, have a look at the table of contents, looks good doesn't it? Any collection with a Tad Williams tale in it gets my vote but there are a few others here that catch the eye. There are also a few reminders here about authors that I still need to check out (*cough*MarkLawrence*cough!*) How about you?
  • The Shade of Allanon by Terry Brooks (a Shannara tale)
  • Imaginary Friends by Terry Brooks (a precursor to the Word/Void trilogy)
  • How Old Holly Came To Be by Patrick Rothfuss
  • River of Souls by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson (a Wheel of Time tale)
  • The Old Scale Game by Tad Williams
  • Martyr of the Roses by Jacqueline Carey (a precursor to the Kushiel series)
  • Dogs by Daniel Abraham
  • Mudboy by Peter V. Brett (a Demon Cycle tale)
  • Nocturne by Robert V. S. Redick
  • The Sound of Broken Absolutes by Peter Orullian (a Vault of Heaven tale)
  • Untitled by Geno & R.A. Salvatore
  • Keeper of Memory by Todd Lockwood (a Summer Dragon tale)
  • Game of Chance by Carrie Vaughn
  • The Lasting Doubts of Joaquin Lopez by Blake Charlton
  • The Chapel Perilous by Kevin Hearne (an Iron Druid tale)
  • Select Mode by Mark Lawrence (a Broken Empire tale)
  • All the Girls Love Michael Stein by David Anthony Durham
  • Strange Rain by Jennifer Bosworth (a Struck epilogue tale)
  • Unbowed by Eldon Thompson (a Legend of Asahiel tale)
  • Untitled by Naomi Novik (a Temeraire tale)
  • The Jester by Michael J. Sullivan (a Riyria Chronicles tale)
  • The Duel by Lev Grossman (a Magicians tale)
  • The Unfettered Knight by Shawn Speakman (an Annwn Cycle tale)

1 comment:

Sascha Walter said...

Looks like a really nice book. Unfortunately I am living in Germany and do not have a credit card or Paypal. And Amazon Germany does not list it. I think it won't be, at that. So, it seems I will not be able to get this book, though I would really love to get it, since I read about the background why and how it came into existence and would really like to support the editor.