Thursday 18 October 2012

The 'I've got my copy of Red Country!' Update Post!

For no other reason than that I've finally got the book in my hands and it is gorgeous :o)

I've still got to read 'The Heroes' though, my 'blogging break' (in a couple of weeks) looks like it just got booked solid :o)

If you're wondering what's coming up a little nearer to now though... I'm working my way through 'Tomorrow The Killing' (which is excellent) along with 'Ecko Rising' (also very good). I'm also looking at the vast tome that is 'Star Wars: The Essential Readers Companion' and am wondering how I'm going to be able to pick it up. Hope just likes to look at the cover and say, 'there's Yoda!' repeatedly... :o)
I've also got a couple of comic books and audiobooks that should get a mention as well. Plenty of cool stuff happening here then :o)

What are you reading?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow The Killing?

Is that the sequel to Low Town by Daniel Polanski?

Loved Low Town!

Take care and enjoy that book,
Troy

JamesY said...

Tomorrow, I intend to buy and start reading Red Country!

Blitzspear said...

Im mostly reading hammer and bolter vol 1, recently finished EE doc Smiths Subspace Exsplorers, now that was a bit mad reading a book of that vintage.

Tara Maya said...

The Heroes is a marvelous book. I haven't read Red Country yet.

Anonymous said...

"Bowl of Heaven" by Larry Niven and Gregory Benford, just released a few days ago, started reading it immediately. Ramscoop starship heading to colonize a new world encounters a Dyson sphere - so immediately you know this is a gift to hard sf fans. Not sure if there's a lot of cross-interest for fantasy fans, but I'm loving it so far...

Anonymous said...

BTW, another case where the UK cover is more interesting, the US cover is - wait for it - guy-with-a-sword.

Unknown said...

I've still not read Abercrombie, so I look forward to your review :) I need to get my hands on one of his books soon.

Jamie

JamesY said...

I’m just finishing Horus Rising – my first foray into the Black Library. Great fun.

I need to finish Erikson's Forge of Darkness – it got left behind last weekend when travelling.

Next up, Red Country of course!

James B said...

She knows who's important, then! :)