Monday 15 October 2012

One for 2013? ‘Red Moon’ (Benjamin Percy)

I’m a sucker for business cards at the best of times so when this came through the door, on Saturday, I was immediately interested…



On first glance my initial thought was, “Another Urban Fantasy novel? The world needs another one of those…” I was tempted to ring the Help Line number though, I still might (just to see who picks up). There was nothing with the card though (no press release or anything like that) and it was a Saturday so… I did a little digging to find out what ‘Red Moon’ (the title on the other side of the card) was all about. A little Googling later and I find that ‘Red Moon’ will be released by Hodder in May 2013 and looks to hopefully be a little different from a lot of Urban Fantasy. I’m hoping so anyway as the blurb looks interesting. Check it out,

They live among us.
They are your neighbour, your mother, your lover.
They change.

Every teenage girl thinks she’s different. When government agents kick down Claire Forrester’s front door and murder her parents, Claire realizes just how different she is.

Patrick Gamble was nothing special until the day he got on a plane and hours later stepped off it, the only passenger left alive, a hero.

President Chase Williams has sworn to protect the people of the United States from the menace in their midst, but is becoming the very thing he has promised to destroy.

So far the threat has been controlled by laws and violence and drugs. But the night of the red moon is coming, when an unrecognizable world will emerge, and the battle for humanity will begin.


Like I said, the blurb has intrigued me enough to give ‘Red Moon’ a go (it reminds me of 'The Strain'). How about you?

If you’re after finding out more about Benjamin Percy, have a click Here for his website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got one of those on Saturday; I was tempted to ring the number too. Keep us updated if you do! Definitely looks like something to have a go at.

Jamie