Monday 29 October 2012

Cover Art! 'The Annotated Sword of Shannara' (Terry Brooks)

Because it just arrived in the post, this morning, and I thought this would tide things over until I can expand on my review of the 'Eisenhorn' trilogy (currently three words, 'I loved it!') Here you go,

I don't know... It looks very nice but I can't help but think that, well... It's the 35th anniversary of the book being published! Surely they could have come up with a cover that looks like it's happy about the fact. I'll admit that I'm not sure what that would involve something with a little more energy than this. Cool looking sword though :o)

1 comment:

Aoife said...

Shiney weapons seem to be the new cheesy looking blond guys with swords fantasy covers were full of in the 80s (no matter if they were about blond sword-fighters or not XD).

The new James Barclay Raven-covers all have weapons on them, too and Richard Morgan's books, too...
I do find them better than random warriors/wizzards and so on but it's still all so non-descript. You could just swap around all the swords between the books and it would make no difference.