Tuesday 29 March 2011

Review Policy.

It seems a bit weird to be writing this now after more than a few years of blogging but I do get a lot of review query emails which I don’t have the time to reply to now so... I thought a proper ‘Review Policy Post’ would be better than a whole bunch of people wondering why that rude blogger never replies to his emails :o) I’ll link to this (at the side of the blog) when I’m able. This policy isn’t set in stone at all and may change at any time; hopefully it should reflect what I do and do not accept in terms of review material. If you have any questions just leave a comment and I’ll reply.

So, here goes...

Publishers who already send me books and comics to review.
There’ll be no change here, everything will carry on just the way it always has.

Other genre publishers (mainstream or independent) who want to send me books and comics to review.
It may take me a while to get back to you but drop me an email and I will reply as soon as I can. Just be sure to include the name of the publisher you’re representing (in the subject header) so I know. I can only accept physical copies of review material though as I do not have an e-reader and do not have the time to read from a computer monitor.

Authors published by the above.
It’s very likely that I’ve got a copy of your book already and am looking for the time to read it. Have a look at the blog though and if your publisher doesn’t feature amongst all the others then drop me an email. Alternatively, save yourself some postage and ask your publisher to get in touch with me.

People who would like me to review their e-book.
You probably missed the bit just above this where I said I do not review digital review material. That’s cool, the headers are in bold so you probably skipped straight to this bit :o) The fact is though, I don’t have an e-reader or the time to read from a screen. I might just buy myself a Kindle one day though and I’ll update this part accordingly.

People who would like me to review their self published novel.
I may well be missing out on some great books here but I do not accept self published material (Lulu and so on). I don’t read digital copies and cannot guarantee that I will be able to read a hard copy either – loads of books on the pile and only so much time in the day... If I can’t guarantee that I will read your book then I don’t want you to pay cash to send it to me just on the off chance...

I’m hoping this should cover most of the queries I get but if I’ve missed anything out here leave a comment next to this post and I’ll get on it.

No comments: