Tuesday 27 July 2010

'The Goon' Movie - Sneak Peek!


I’m going through one of those phases where anything even remotely technical is beyond my ability to post on the blog. You wouldn’t think that I work in IT would you...? However, if that post is anything to do with the ‘Goon’ movie (that’s in the early stages of development) then I’ll do my best!

Therefore... You won’t be seeing any trailers here but if you click Here then you’ll get the ‘work in process’ material that the Mad Hatter has gone and posted over at his blog. You can’t say fairer than that! :o)

From what I’ve seen I can’t help thinking that ‘The Goon’ might work better as an animated series rather than a film in it’s own right, at least to start off with. As much as I enjoy reading ‘Goon’, I always got the impression that it was more of a ‘cult thing’ that might not translate into those all important audience figures at the cinemas. Build up some rep with a series first, then go for the film!

One thing I am sure of though is that if ‘Goon’ makes it to the big screen (and I think it will) then I’ll be there to watch it, just so long as the Communist Airborne Mollusk Militia and The Psychic Seal feature...

If you like your comic books a touch on the surreal side then you need to pick up ‘The Goon’ if you haven’t already, I promise it’s worth it!

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

I've never read this but it does look like something that would make a better animated series than a movie.

Mad Hatter Review said...

Thanks for the shout out. I don't think this movie could get made soon enough for me.