Sunday 2 November 2008

Graeme's got comics again!

Forbidden Planet will definitely survive the Credit Crunch, given the amount of money that I spend there! :o)
Here's my latest haul...

'Conan the Cimmerian' #4



A surprising issue in that, for once, the cover actually has something to do with the story inside! Conan fights Skrae on the borderlands of Cimmeria while we take a trip into his Grandfather Connacht's past to see the aftermath of his journey to the city of Shem. While the 'split storytelling' approach is still fresh I'm starting to find myself wishing that the writers would just pick one plot to concentrate on. I get into them both and don't want either to stop. I'll be back next month to see what happens next...


'The Walking Dead' #53



I don't want to say too much about this as I think everyone should read this comic and I don't want to spoil it! :o) There are new arrivals at the farm, one of whom has a revelation that will cast a new light on everything. That is, if Kirkman isn't playing a nasty trick... Whatever, I'll still be reading...


'Four Eyes' #1



For once I wanted to be in at the beginning of something but not a lot happens here so it's way too early to tell what I'm in at the beginning of...
It's Depression Era New York and there are dragons in the skies. They're also in illegal fights (run by the Mafia?) as well. The cover tells you where this is going but I find myself ambivalent about this one, not sure that I'll be picking up another...


'Doctor Who: The Forgotten #1'



Just because it's Doctor Who and there's no Doctor Who on the TV at the moment. A clever plot device means that the Doctor will be revisiting his former incarnations in a series that I reckon will be, oh... nine issues long at least ;o) I've got an idea who the mysterious enemy is but I'll be collecting this one anyway, just to make sure...

No comments: