Wednesday 7 November 2012

One for 2013? 'The Mad Scientist's Daughter' (Cassandra Rose Clarke)

I actually posted about this book way back in August but I started reading my advance copy today and find myself in the position of being able to answer my own question a little earlier than next February (the 7th is the release date). One for 2013? Based on what I've read so far, the answer is a resounding 'Yes' :o)

I should hopefully have something a little more in depth for you, next week (I think), but do make a note to watch out for 'The Mad Scientist's Daughter' when February comes round. I think this one is going to be special.

There’s never been anyone - or anything - quite like Finn.

He looks, and acts human, though he has no desire to be. He was programmed to assist his owners, and performs his duties to perfection. A billion-dollar construct, his primary task is to tutor Cat.

When the government grants rights to the ever-increasing robot population, however, Finn struggles to find his place in the world.

3 comments:

Milo MJ said...

Awesome! I've got a NetGalley copy of this at the moment along with Laura Lam's Pantomime and will be devouring them both hopefully sooner rather than later as they both have received really positive feedback so far and they sound very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Got a copy of this one fairly recently too, and I'm looking forward to having the time to read it. Glad to know that you're enjoying it so far!

Unknown said...

I really like the cover, and I've been hearing good things about it. I'll keep an eye on it next year :)

Jamie