Monday 18 June 2012

The 'Can't find a decent bacon roll on the South Bank' Competition Winner's Post!

As soon as I've written this post I'll be off out to hunt down some breakfast (well, more like second breakfast but who's counting...?) but I'll be doing so with a heavy heart. I've been working on the South Bank for just over a couple of weeks now and I still haven't been able to find a decent bacon roll. Well, not one that doesn't cost the price of a decent pub meal anyway. Anyone reading this who works on the South Bank, where do you get your bacon rolls from in the morning? And hi! If you're wondering who I am, I'm the guy with the beard constantly browsing the book stalls under the bridge :o)

Enough of me and my stomach though (at least for now). Thanks to everyone who entered the two competitions that I ran last week. It's around about time that I announced some winners so without further ado, here goes...


Wendy Lam, London, UK



James Keith, Washington, US
Kevin Sly, North Carolina, US
Amy O'Neal, Virginia, US

Nice work there! Your books will be headed to you very soon :o) Better luck next time to everyone else.
There might be another post from me a little later on but the next few minutes at least are going to be all about that bacon roll. See you later :o)

P.S. Forgot to mention, reviews this week will mostly feature zombies, Avengers and a little sci-fi if you're wondering... ;o)

6 comments:

Dave E said...

West Cornwall Pasty Shops do the very best bacon butties in Londonium...try London Bridge station!

JamesK said...

I'm so excited I haven't won a book in ages. And I haven't read a Mccaffrey in years. Looking forward to the new book.
Thank you Graeme.
James K.

Wendy Lam said...

Whoops! I posted my thank in an older post. I'm just going to copy and paste:

YAY! Thank you so much Graeme for this giveaway! I can't believe I won and in perfect timing too for my holiday to Thailand on the 25th June. It will be the perfect combination to really get into the book in a new place, reading about a new world. I just hope it arrives this week if not I'm sure it would help solve my holiday blue of coming back to London having something to read =). Once again many thanks for this competition and your generosity!

Kevin said...

Thanks so much for the giveaway! I loved reading Anne McCaffrey's novels and can't wait to try this new one.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I get home after a long weekend to find out that I won a book by one of my favorite authors! I can't wait it get it. If it arrives in time, I can read it when we go on vacation in a couple of weeks.

Small Blonde Hippy said...

Lol! This post made me smile as I can really relate to it. I'm the same with coffee - has to be a latte done just right or I'm crabby all day. Good luck with roll hunting!