Sunday 11 September 2011

Cover Art! 'The Mechanical Messiah and Other Marvels of the Modern Age' (Robert Rankin)

Because sometimes what this blog needs is a little Robert Rankin on a Sunday morning... :o)

I can't find any blurb at all but that's not going to stop me picking this one up as soon as I can get my hands on it, I love Robert Rankin and the way he has of making me laugh without even realising that I'm doing it. Have you guys read any Robert Rankin? Does he make you laugh as well or are you not a fan? Go on, leave a comment in the usual place... ;o) (And if you're looking for somewhere to start with his books, let me recommend either 'The Antipope' or 'Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse'; both are very good indeed).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have his first 3 books but have never cracked them open.

The Antipope (1981) (see also The Brentford Trilogy)
The Brentford Triangle (1982) (see also The Brentford Trilogy)
East of Ealing (1984) (see also The Brentford Trilogy)

Troy

NoOne said...

Ahhhh, Mr Rankin! he's unbelievably cool, and completely mad :) I'm a big fan :)

Bets Davies said...

He sounds great. I've actually never read him. Based on your recc. and the titles alone, I'll have to put it on my TBR list.