Wednesday 24 November 2010

Cover Art - 'Deadline' (Mira Grant)

From the Orbit website...

Good isn't it? I like the whole biohazard thing they've got going on here (and copious amounts of blood always go down well too!) I wasn't so keen on 'Feed' but there was more than enough to make me want to check out the sequel. Here's the blurb (which sounds very cool indeed),

“I guess in the end, it doesn’t matter what we wanted.  What matters is what we chose to do with the things we had. —Georgia Mason”

Shaun Mason is a man without a mission. Not even running the news organization he built with his sister has the same urgency as it used to. Playing with dead things just doesn’t seem as fun when you’ve lost as much as he has.
But when a CDC researcher fakes her own death and appears on his doorstep with a ravenous pack of zombies in tow, Shaun has a newfound interest in life. Because she brings news—he may have put down the monster who attacked them, but the conspiracy is far from dead.
Now, Shaun hits the road to find what truth can be found at the end of a shotgun.



I'm not sure when 'Deadline' is set to be published but I'll be keeping an eye out and hoping for good things...

3 comments:

Mardel said...

I just read your review of Feed. I have Feed, but I loaned it to a friend months ago. I haven't read any zombie books - well, except for Mark Henry's first - so the zombie, world building mix might work for me. I think I'll get the second book also.

Jamie Gibbs said...

Why haven't I started reading this series yet?! I need to get my hands on Feed before Deadline is published.

Boo said...

I really liked Feed, although I agree it was a little bit slow to get started I loved the world building. Deadline benefits from not having to go into quite so much detail about the world and the characters because we know them already and there's a lot more action and a cliffhanger ending which I forgive because it's utterly brilliant. Still in two minds as to whether it's a thriller with zombies or zomfic with a conspiracy theory though! But I'd recommend it if you liked Feed.