Friday 28 May 2010

'Ghost Dance' (Rebecca Levene) - Cover Art & Synopsis



Morgan is sent on a new mission for the Hermetic Divi­sion, investigating the murder of the world's foremost expert on Elizabethen alchemist John Dee. Her killer - an agent of Mossad with superhuman powers. In the US, Alex, a powerful medium, is employed by the CIA to invesitage a new cult called the Croatans who seem to be able to possess animals. Alex and Morgan's path cross when Morgan is drawn to the US in pursuit of Dee's greatest treasure - and the dangerous young man who plans to use it to achieve immortality!

While I'm not too keen on the cover art (the ol' pentangle doesn't feel particularly original although it does give a slight Dennis Wheatley feel to proceedings) The blurb has got me more than a little bit excited. I wasn't expecting to enjoy 'Cold Warriors' as much as I did and the excerpt from 'Ghost Dance' at the back of the book had me looking forward to more of the same. The blurb confirms my anticipation. I'll be reading 'Ghost Dance' when it's published in July and if you like a more sinister (and British) brand of urban fantasy then you could do with picking it up as well...

No comments: