Saturday 22 March 2008

The Saturday 'I hope my wife's parachute works tomorrow' link up spectacular!

This time tomorrow my wife will be doing her charity skydive and I'm getting attacks of vertigo just thinking about it. My wife seems to be taking it all in her stride though and acting very cool about the whole thing. Fingers crossed and all that!
In the meantime, here are some of the things I saw this week that made me think "ooh, cool..."

Fantasy Book Critic reviews one of the books that I'm looking forward to most in 2008.

This week saw the sad passing of sci-fi stalwart Arthur C. Clarke, the Wertzone is amongst those who paid their respects.

Sandstorm reviews looks at my Least favourite Terry Pratchett Book...

Larry looks at various award finalists and his review plans for them.

If there isn't enough links for you here then Neth Space has a few more for you...

Speculative Horizons has a few things to say about the earlier book covers for James Barclay's 'The Raven' series.

I've just discovered the Solaris Editor's Blog and it looks pretty cool, have a look over Here

There's a discussion on Pat's blog about the issue of 'voice' in blogging and Aidan has provided us with a handy link!

Last but not least, Grasping for the Wind looks at The Death of the Necromancer by Martha Wells.

What am I doing? Well, I've finally got around to reading 'The Name of the Wind' and am wondering why I didn't pick it up sooner. Look for a review in the next few days...

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: