Saturday 27 September 2008

Graeme's got comics!

Far too many to know what to do with really (apart from read them over and over again because they're great)...
Here's a few that I'm particularly enjoying,

'Conan The Cimmerian' #3



I love this comic not only because it's full of 'sword and sorcery' goodness but also because the front cover has little, or nothing, to do with what's inside! If that wasn't enough, the bulk of the story has little to do with Conan either...
It's all good though, Conan is still on the way back to his homeland and takes a short break to defend a Cimmerian woman against an Aesir war party (it's Conan, it's what he does). We also get a flashback to one of Connacht's (Conan's grandfather) journeys through the deserts of Shem. I'm coming back next month just to see how the cover and story differ yet again... :o)


'The Walking Dead' #52



Probably my favourite comic right now (and I've got vol 7 in trade paperback waiting to be read as well), Rick and Carl are still moving forwards although they're not sure where (I remember having driving lessons like that with my Dad, there weren't any zombies though). Rick is starting to feel the pressure as well...
There are a couple of (nice) surprises in store and the next issue looks pretty intriguing. It doesn't get a lot better than this as far as I'm concerned :o)


I couldn't find a cover image, online, but I got a copy of the ongoing Wolverine/Deadpool collection for my birthday (last week) and have been having a great time reading it. The 'What if Wolverine had remained an agent of Hydra' story was excellent, especially with what Kitty Pryde was forced to do right at the end... Great stuff.

I also picked up trade paperbacks of 'Moon Knight' and 'The Goon' so expect to see reviews here at some point soon...

No comments: