Friday 16 January 2009

A Friday Morning Question For You...


Because I haven't finished 'Busted Flush' in time to get a review up today/I really cannot be bothered to do the work that is piling up on the desk/I want to get to know my readers by getting them to answer geeky questions... :o)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, civil war erupted between the tyrannical Galactic Empire and the freedom fighters of the Rebel Alliance. Not so long ago, in a galaxy that was... well... this one..., millions of children around the world watched spellbound as the Imperial and Rebel forces duked it out for the fate of the galaxy. I was one of those kids and I bet you were too.

My question is this, if you were fighting in the galactic civil war which side would you choose? Imperials or Rebels? With my impeccable English accent, and my complete inability to shoot straight, a career in the Imperial Fleet beckons...
How about you? Comments please! :o)

9 comments:

Belwar said...

I'm be a rebel? That's the good guys right? :P I'm to much of a goody goody to be on the bad guys side. I don't know :P never put much thought into it.

If you aren't to busy to answer though, how many Pages do you read in an hour Graemes? You must read like a frikin rocket ship.Did you find you got to be a faster reader the more you read?

Anonymous said...

I am a weak willed geek that would probably go for the glitz and glamour of a storm trooper's uniform. Besides, having served in the U.S. Navy, I know the benefits of "three hots and a cot" versus sleeping on a rebel rock cot.

ELIZABETH said...

The ones with the best uniform and food.

I'm shallow!

sbp said...

Given my ancestry (Irish) and that my country (US) was founded by revolution and living in what used to be a border state, I'm going with the rebels. Alas, that means having to put up with that whiney little Luke Skywalker. Thank goodness for earplugs.

Liz said...

Am totally on the side of the Empire. I can't help it. I always root for the bad guys - I was the only one in the cinema who cried when Aragorn kills Lurtz in LOTR.

Liz said...

Oh, forgot to mention - as part of the Empire we can break out in funky dancing, click on the link to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oMokuYOXCM

Totally Epic!

ediFanoB said...

Due to so many rules we have to follow in real life I always choose rebels or outsiders. And I prefer to live in the shadows and work in secret.

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't be my proudest moment, but I have a suspicion I would end up with the Empire. I bet they have flashy ads looking for engineers to build death stars and such and I would be sucked right in. Amazing cut edge technology vs joining a rebellion? Easy choice, thought I bet I would regret it...

Anonymous said...

Well, being a Force-sensitive myself ( ;-) ) I would have to choose the Empire. I'd take on the Secret Apprentice,no doubts there, and bugger Vader and Palpatine for standing against me!! :-)